Services Fee Schedule
New Patient Visit: 90 minutes $300
Follow-up: 60 minute visits $195
Follow up: 15-30 minute visits $95
1 Laser Treatment: $40
Pre Paid Laser Packages:
- Try and See 4 /$145
- Chronic Condition 7 get 1 free $280
- Acute Condition 9 get 10th free $360
Homeopathic Consultation: $95
Homeopathic Dropper Formulas: $35
Aches & Pains CBD Salve: $65
Standard Blood Panel: $222.00
Discounted sliding scale fee structure:
Based on total household income to expenses
· $200 New Patient 90 minute Visit
· $130 Follow up 60 minute Visits
· $65 Follow up 15-30 minute visits
Please note that all sliding scale participants must submit a Worksheet / Application every 6 months for continued eligibility verification purposes.
Membership Fee $10/year
Pre Purchase Services
4 In Person 4 Virtual Sessions $570
2 In Person 4 Virtual Sessions, $554
COMMON HORMONAL IMBALANCES: INFERTILITY, MENOPAUSAL SYMPTOMS, PMS, PCOS, ENDOMETRIOSIS ETC
The following considerations are necessary in order to address these dysfunctional patterns.
Natural vs Pharmaceutical- Consider benefits vs risks
Using a naturopathic approach will reduce unwanted adverse side effects.
Treats the individual rather than the condition
Considers the risk vs benefit of including hormonal therapies
Respects body processes
Treating symptoms vs causes- Digging deep to discover whether hormone therapy is necessary
Not a stand alone solution- Being open to a balanced approach, keeping in mind that implementing hormone replacement is only appropriate as long as health and quality of life are preserved.
Nutritional support for female hormone balance, carbohydrate control, and PCOS symptoms
These nutrients have been known to:
· Improve insulin sensitivity
· Help you lose weight, especially around your belly
· Induce ovulation and protect eggs from damage before and after fertilization
· Decrease excess testosterone and estrogen, while increasing progesterone
· Promote regular menstrual cycles
· Reduce symptoms such as excess hair growth on the face, acne, skin tags, ovarian cysts
PCOS & hormonal imbalance
PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) is caused by hormonal imbalances in women. These hormonal imbalances are often characterized by elevated levels of insulin, estrogen, and testosterone, as well as low levels of progesterone. Hormonal imbalances that accompany PCOS, may lead to insulin resistance, weight gain (especially around the belly area), inability to ovulate (infertility), excess hair growth on the face and/or body, irregular menstrual cycles or very heavy periods, or cysts on the ovaries.
If a woman experiences some or all of these symptoms, she may be diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
The nutritional line of defense:
The first line of defense against hormonal imbalance is often modifying nutrition factors, such as eating fewer carbohydrates from grains, fruit, and sugar. Next is modifying lifestyle factors, such as exercising in short bursts of 20 minute intervals, walking more, managing chronic stress, getting sufficient sleep, and decreasing the amount of estrogen disruptors that enter the body through fragrances, plastics, and other household chemicals. However, correcting hormonal imbalances often needs more than a change in lifestyle.
WHY THIS MATTERS
The support of nutritional supplementation:
The majority of my patients respond much faster to treatment with an extra boost from targeted supplements. These targeted supplements are used during the first 3-6 months of nutrition treatment to enhance insulin sensitivity and the other hormonal changes we are attempting to modulate with lifestyle factors.
Some women notice a slight nausea if they take these supplements on an empty stomach. To avoid this, please make sure to take the supplement on a full stomach. Some women may notice a drop in blood sugar due to enhanced insulin sensitivity. Make sure to eat every 3-5 hours (even a small healthy snack) while taking these supplements. Please consult a doctor if you are pregnant or nursing or experience unwanted symptoms. Do not take these supplements if you are taking insulin sensitizing drugs, such as Metformin. If you get pregnant while taking these supplements, your doctor may or may not recommend you stay on this supplement throughout the pregnancy. Please follow your doctor’s orders.
Natural Cures to Address Your Health Challenges
About these ingredients:
Nutritional formulas have been developed by PCOS experts, following 10 years of experience treating women who suffer from hormone imbalances and PCOS related symptoms.
Every order comes with nutrition advice from experts including myself.
Patients who benefit most from Hormonal Balance formula are usually women who are experience one or more of these symptoms associated with hormonal imbalance:
· Weight gain, especially around your belly
· Excess unwanted hair growth on your arms, face, chin, and belly
· Irregular or very heavy periods
· Cysts on your ovaries
· Hair loss from the top of your head
· Intense cravings for carbohydrates
· Hypoglycemic episodes with shakiness, anxiety, moodiness
· Dark patches of skin on face, neck, elbows, and knees
Some formulas contain:
· Inositol has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, increase ovulation, and decrease testosterone in women with PCOS.
· N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine has been proven to increase ovulation and decrease insulin resistance in women with PCOS.
· Milk Thistle, an herbal flavonoid, is known for decreasing estrogen biosynthesis and produces antiestrogenic effects.
· Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant proven to improve ovulation when used with fertility medications in women with PCOS. This is likely due to Coenzyme Q10’s ability to decrease reactive oxygen species (oxidative stress), which has a negative effect on female fertility, and its function in carbohydrate metabolism and balancing blood sugar levels.
· Ashwaganda is an herb that has been proven to improve insulin sensitivity and decrease blood glucose levels, hemoglobin A1c levels, and insulin levels. It has also been proven to reduce oxidative stress on the pancreas, the site of insulin secretion; decreasing lipid peroxidation and increasing glutathione and antioxidant enzymes.
· Vitamin D is a vitamin that acts like a hormone in many areas of the body. Vitamin D supplementation in women with PCOS is associated with increased insulin sensitivity, normalizing menstrual cycles, enhancing follicle egg maturation, increased progesterone levels, and improved fertility.
· Selenium supplementation has been proven to decrease insulin levels and have a protective effect on oxidative stress in white blood cells in women with PCOS.
Below are references to the above ingredients:
1. Oner et al. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011 Nov;159(1):127-31.
2. Unfer et al. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2012 Jul;28(7):509-15.
3. Pizzo et al. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2014 Mar;30(3):205-8.
4. Köse et al. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014 May;158(2):136-42.
5. Sacchinelli et al. Obstet Gynecol Int. 2014;2014:141020.
6. Irani et al. Fertil Steril. 2014 Aug;102(2):460-468.e3.
7. Cheraghi et al. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2014 Nov 13.
8. Jamilian et al. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2015 Jun;82(6):885-91.
Chiropractic & Body Adjustment
Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT)
Sacro Occipital Technique is a comprehensive gentle technique.
Uses body indicators for determining skeletal, cranial, neurological and visceral(organ) malfunctions.
This incorporates specific techniques which address changes in the extremities, pelvic and spinal biomechanics, cranial distortions and temporo-mandibular joint dysfunctions.
The main aim of SOT:
- To optimize CSF flow (the fluid that feeds and removes toxins from the central nervous system)
- Relax tension in the sensitive membranes around the brain and nerves
- Improve movement in the spinal joints
ART- Active Release Technique
A myofascial release therapy that restores form and function to the muscles of the body
Addresses repetitive motion and traumatic injury to the body
Engaging active range of motion during treatment
ART is used to treat symptoms from:
Its design is 3 fold:
- To restore free and unimpeded motion of all soft tissues
- To release entrapped nerves, vasculature and lymphatics
- To re-establish optimal texture, resilience and function of soft tissues.
Craniosacral therapy (CST)
Craniosacral therapy (CST) is a gentle hands-on treatment:
Provides relief from a variety of symptoms:
- Neck pain
- Side effects of cancer treatments
CST uses a light touch to:
- Examine membranes and movement of fluids in and around the central nervous system.
- Relieves tension in the central nervous system
- Promotes a feeling of well-being by eliminating:
- Boosting immunity
- Restoring health
Osteopathic technique that frees the internal organs from fascial restrictions
Restores central nervous system inherent movement and function
2745 Jefferson St
Carlsbad CA 92008